Crispy Oven Fried Catfish
1 lb. catfish filletsmilk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp. of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoning salt (you can add any spices you like)
3 T butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash catfish fillets and place them in a shallow dish. Cover with milk and soak in refrigerator for 30 minutes or so. Mix cornmeal and spices in another shallow dish. Remove catfish from milk and roll in cornmeal until thoroughly coated. Generously spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place in the oven for a minute or two (you do this to help the bottom crisp up). Melt the butter while the pan is heating. Place the fillets on the pan and drizzle lightly with melted butter. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is lightly browned and firm to the touch.
Warning- if you live in a small apartment as I do, your smoke detector will probably go off due to the intense heat of the 450 degree oven! So annoying! :0)
1 comment:
I can't wait to try this! I love friend catfish and I LOVED Cahoots! Did you know they closed?!?! Apparently, it's Spano's now. :(
Post a Comment