Friday, June 21, 2013

Princess Brinley's 4th Birthday Party

In true McAdams woman fashion, Brinley decided almost a year ago that her 4th birthday party would be a princess theme.  Her favorite princess is Aurora, or Sleeping Beauty.  Instead of a Disney Princess themed party, I convinced her that we would just have an all princess party and it would have lots of pink.  She was on board and I started planning!  First on the agenda were invitations.  I saw this idea to use a silhouette with a crown on a blog I follow, Jones Design Company.  I made it work for us and the invites were done!  Easy peasy.  
I found some gold chevron forks, specialty paper, and washi tape, so that is where the gold chevron came in to play.  A few buntings, banners, spray paint, and glitter later, we had a princess party fit for a queen!  I used some PVC pipe and fabric to do the pink backdrop. 
 I made a little photo banner of all the pictures I had of Brinley in princess dress up and did a gold glittery name across the top.
Gold wrapping paper, and pink tissue balls decorated the table.  Each place was set with a mason jar, gold striped straw, plate, pink napkin, chevron fork, and a crown!  I saw the idea on pinterest to spray lace with stiffening spray, gold spray paint, and glitter then form them into mini crowns and glue on headbands.  I was in love from the start!
 This birthday princess was beyond excited about  the set up!
 I prepared and bought lots of goodies and sweets.
The star of the show was the pink ombre ruffle cake with a glittery gold 4 candle and gold chevron bunting.
And it tasted as good as it looked!  My secret is italian meringue buttercream icing.  Look it up- it's easier to make than it sounds!
 Other sweets included princess pretzel wands, royal pink thumbprint cookies from a local bakery,
 Super star krispie treats, and sparkling strawberries.
 Drinks were pink princess punch, and ice cold milk (Princess Brinley's favorite)
 Outfits were Brinley in her Princess Aurora dress and party crown, Cason in a pink and gold bow tie and glittery crown.
And Cason even kept his crown on the entire party!
 
The favors were in bags decorated by Brinley in pink and gold.  Filled with a ring pop, a bracelet, and some Disney Princess stickers.
The party guests started to arrive and they made candy necklaces out of fruit loops, peach-o's, apple-o's, gummy lifesavers, and twizzler bites. 

 When all the guests had arrived, I explained our craft of painting initial canvases.  Everyone was riveted. ha
 Then we sang happy birthday to Brinley and enjoyed cake and goodies.
 As we were eating, there came a knock at the door. 
 It was Princess Aurora!  Brinley was so surprised and a little shell shocked.  I don't think she could believe it.  She kept looking at her dress then Princess Aurora's dress because they were alike.  That was a memory I will never forget! 
 Aurora announced that she would be painting faces!
 Ava was immediately on board!
 She posed for lots of pictures
 and ooohed and aaahhed over many a little princess.
 Then gave great hugs bye!
 Meanwhile outside, we were painting canvases and jumping on Brinley's new bounce house!


 


I hope all the party guests had as much fun as we did!!
 A few very special guests traveled a long way to celebrate with us.  Rebekah and Vaughanie and their kids came and stayed the night.
 Brinley was thrilled to have a few of her besties there to celebrate!
 And King Cason was happy too!



 Erin, Jeremy and Emme Clare came too.  They haven't missed a birthday yet!  Such great supportive and loving friends.
I mean, seriously, how cute is she?
I had so much fun planning and executing this party.  I know if may be a little over the top for a 4 year old, but this little princess had a wonderful day and that is what matters most to me!  Happy Birthday Princess Brinley!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amy, this party looks to die for, what fun! I love all the decorations, you are so creative. Brinley is a lucky little girl, miss you guys!

Becky Stevens said...

This is amazing!! I am so in awe of your creativity - that cake is to die for! Love that you had the real princess come too. :) So fun! Happy Birthday Brinsters!

Jenny said...

Amazing, simply amazing! How do you make everything looks so easy amy? you are a natural with making dreams come true party wise! : ) that cake looked delicious and those party favors, wow! canvases, crown headbands, and goodie bags? SO fun! love that brinley had some special guests come and support her too!