Monday, July 5, 2010

A Blissful Fourth and Birthday Fun

Our Fourth of July weekend started out at the Coppell Parade. I am such a sucker for that "small town feel" and I have so many fond memories of parades through my town as a child, going to the parade was a must on my list of Fourth festivities. The rain made us question whether the show would go on, but I am so glad it did. It was a perfect morning to show our patriotic spirit!
I had Brinley decked out in her red, white, and blue all ready to go. I made the shirt a week ago and had waited and waited to debut it at the parade.
Then a friendly puppy decided to give her a hug, and after 20 minutes of wear, the shirt was ruined. You know Brinley didn't mind, but I was totally bummed!

Regardless of the stain, we all enjoyed the parade, especially Miss Brin. She sat and intently watched the band, firetrucks, and floats that passed by.

It was a major improvement from her attention last year... (I know, I know, another flashback pic. I just had to do it- sorry I know I have done alot of those lately)

After the parade, we headed out to Lake Lavon where Daddy Roy and Nonna had their RV parked for the week. The rest of the McAdams gang were there too and they had lots of festivities planned! When we got there, Brinley had to show Daddy Roy how good she is getting at her walking.

Then she had some playtime and lots of attention showered on her by two adoring grandparents.

She also got to meet Daddy Roy and Nonna's friends Craig, Nanette, and Trooper. You can take one guess at who she loved the most, but the funny thing is that Trooper didn't really want to have anything to do with her!

Brinley also got to see some of her cousins Kenley, Khloe, and Kaden. She watched the oldest, Kenley, like a hawk and craved her attention and she only tried to poke out Baby Kaden's eyes once.

Of course we loved the time with Daddy!

Royce planned a luau for Saturday night. He even came prepared with a hawaiian shirt and lei for everyone to wear. He decorated this cake for Rocky and we all celebrated his birthday! Royce was so proud of his decorating skills. I thought it looked like it said "Rocki" but really it was just that the y ran into the 9. Don't worry, he does know how to spell his son's name. :0) haha

The actual fourth of July wasn't quite as action packed. We got up, went to church, had lunch, mowed the grass, then headed back out to the lake to hopefully get some skiing runs in before it got too late. We got all suited up and went out on the boat just to find out that it was really crowded and the water was too rough. Brinley was less than enthused that she had to put on this silly life jacket...
Things got a little better when we started going, although the look of terror and confusion was pretty true to how she felt about all the boating business. Not the biggest fan to say the least.

We were glad that we got to hang out with Macie, and as you can see, Brinley was cracking her up with the death grip she had on Rocky...well that and the sheer cuteness of a pigtailed baby girl being suffocated with a life jacket. :0)

Monday was Rocky's birthday so we had a day dedicated to him! We woke up and had waffles for breakfast, went on a long walk, had burgers for lunch, then went to the theater to see Toy Story 3!

We had been wanting to see it for a long time but never really thought we should take Brinley. I guess being 29 just made Rocky feel more daring or something, so we went for it! Don't worry though, we brought in reinforcements. A blankey, a trusty stuffed zebra, lots of goldfish and puffs, and a drink helped to keep the little sister happy.

She did great for about an hour and a half, then she got pretty restless and I had to take her over to the entrance ramp to crawl around for the remainder. It was fine though because I still got to see the movie. It was so cute! I don't know if we will be going to the theater again any time soon, but it was fun nonetheless.

After the movie, the weather was gorgeous, so we headed back out to the lake to do some swimming at the "beach".



Does this hat look familiar, Jenny?

Brin got to practice her walking on the rocky shores and she did great. She is getting more and more confident each day.

I am so glad we got to spend Rocky's birthday together as a fam. These days are priceless!

Rocky had one request for his birthday- Mexican food for dinner! So we cleaned up and went to Christina's in the Firewheel shopping center. $5 margaritas...woohoo!
Daddy Roy and Nonna of course enjoyed every second they had with the little "princess"...and that is really how she was treated the entire weekend!

This weekend filled me with much thankfulness...
-for my country where I can worship, work, and live in freedom
-for all the people who sacrifice to make that freedom possible
-for a wonderful husband that has gotten more fun, sweet, handsome, and loveable in his 29 years of living
-for a healthy, happy, precious little girl
-and for an extended family that provides me with many fun times and lots of love!
Hope your holiday weekend was filled with thankfulness and some fun too!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Where'd you get the hat??? She looks so cute in it! She likes it a whole lot more than Bekah liked hers, and the pictures worked out better as well! Oh and can I tell you how much I love that pic of Brinley at Rocky at the lake???? Your description of her on the boat in the life jacket was too funny! Glad you guys had such fun ( and adventurous with that movie theater experience!) family time!